Xecutive Search HR, Regus House, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Park, Solihull. B90 8AG
Copyright: © 21 October, 2016; Xecutive Search. All Rights Reserved
Recruiting the right people is critical for the long-
Whilst we have considerable experience in recruitment, we recognise that not everyone has this expertise and that not everyone wants to use a recruiter. We also understand that is it not appropriate to use a recruitment consultant for every assignment.
Therefore we have designed this ‘Recruitment Toolkit’ for those of our clients who are less experienced than us and who may be unsure as to how to recruit for a particular position, or may not want to utilise our support this time.
This is a FREE resource; the toolkit contains a number of guidance documents and templates to help you recruit. Please feel free to download these documents with our compliments, although please be aware that this material is designed to be used in the UK and should only be used within the prevailing regulations.
Outlined here are the steps that you should take to ensure that you recruit professionally:
1. WRITE A JOB DESCRIPTION -
2. WRITE A PERSON SPECIFICATION -
3. DECIDE HOW YOU WILL RESOURCE THE JOB; this may be through:
We are happy to help you to choose a suitable media if you decide to recruit for yourself.
4. LONG LIST APPLICANTS – Having generated your applicants, invite them to an interview. A letter for this purpose can be found HERE; alternatively the text can be used in an email if you prefer;
5. INTERVIEW – Your ‘long listed candidates’; once or twice (with a colleague) at least. An interview form enabling you to conduct a structured interview (that’s essential) can be downloaded HERE;
6. REJECT – Those applicants unsuitable for the role; a letter for this purpose can be found HERE; once again, the text can be used in an email if you prefer. We recommend that job offers are subject to satisfactory references and to a satisfactory outcome of your ‘right to work’ enquiries.
7. SELECT WHO TO EMPLOY – And offer them the job:
8. CHECK THE APPLICANTS RIGHT TO WORK – This is essential if you are to stay on the right side of the law. You can link to the .GOV online electronic checker HERE;
9. TAKE UP REFERENCES – For your chosen candidate. A form enabling you to do this quickly and efficiently can be downloaded HERE.
10. INDUCT YOUR NEW STARTER – A structured induction is vital to integrate your new employee into the business; a checklist to help you do this can be downloaded HERE.
Xecutive Search HR is happy to help and support you in you in any way that you require. Our preferred method is to take a brief from you and then to take on the whole recruitment project, presenting you with a short list of circa 2-